Are you an experienced Digital Editor / Online Editor who knows your Miley from your Kylie? Can you flit seamlessly from Stormzy to Springsteen, while navigating the career triumphs of Mabel, Mogwai and Mr Blobby all in a completely normal day’s work? Yes? Then we have just the role for you.
As our client is gearing up to celebrate 70 Years of the Official Singles Chart in 2022, they are on the hunt for a well-connected, pop music-obsessed Digital Editor / Online Editor with an appreciation for the UK charts past and present – from The Beatles through to Beyonce and beyond.
Working closely with the Head of Brand & Digital and the content team the Digital Editor / Online Editor will devise and implement a new content and social strategy and ensure the content team's continued development and smooth day-to-day running of the department. You will utilise your ability to spot a story to deliver digital content that engages Gen Z and entertainment audiences online through written word, video, audio, social, SEO – you will also have a knack for flexing to the best medium through which to deliver a story.
The Digital Editor / Online Editor will be responsible for creating, editing, and commissioning engaging, original cross-platform content and data journalism. Whether you are leading the editorial vision and output; devising and rolling out new-look content strategy; planning, writing, editing, and commissioning content; developing social presence or reviewing content performance, it will be you knowledge and passion for music that drives traffic, audience growth and engagement across multiple digital channels.
To qualify… You should be a Digital Editor / Online Editor / Content Editor / Digital Content Editor / Content Manager / Journalist or similar with a CV that demonstrates:
- Experience in entertainment and digital publishing.
- Knowledge and passion for music and entertainment industries.
- An extensive black book of music contacts.
- An innate understanding of what makes successful online content and the strategies that can be implemented to engage and grow online audiences.
- A razor-sharp eye for detail and first-class copy-editing and subbing skills.
- Multimedia journalism skills spanning written word, video, audio, graphics and relevant software packages.
- Experience of managing a team of in-house cross-platform content creators, encompassing writers, video producers, social media.
- Strong project management, planning and organisational skills to consistently meet objectives.
- Deep understanding of online publishing, social media, SEO and emerging platforms.
- A role that involves regular data-led journalism, so confidence with numbers is key.
- The ability to thrive under pressure and to move seamlessly between creative and managerial tasks.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
Occasional weekend working may be required.
Please include in your application a CV and a supporting document containing three brief bullet point recommendations for the evolution of the Official Charts Media Brand.
This is a fantastic opportunity for a driven person to help lead original cross-platform content and data journalism for one of the world’s leading entertainment charts. In return you can expect a competitive salary, flexible working arrangements and much more!
This organisation is also passionate about encouraging the best possible and most talented people to join its team – regardless of their gender, ethnicity, age, disability, sexual orientation, religion, or political belief.
At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.