A Marketing Communications Account Manager / PR Account Manager, who is full of energy and ideas, is needed to be part of a PR, marketing and communications agency team working with clients in the innovative field of health & care and health technology - where pioneering and well-established tech companies are collaborating with health and social care providers to radically change the landscape of patient care and outcomes for health.
You can work remotely / hybrid for this role (offices are in London), you choose, there will be occasions where you are required to attend events and conferences around the UK
If this sounds like meaningful work to you then read on...
Our client is relatively small but well-established with credentials in health & care that are second-to-none. They are passionate about the work they do and have a BIG reputation for building robust and enduring relationships that consistently deliver impactful results for clients. Their culture is friendly, inclusive and collaborative, with a flat structure, where people are empowered and there is room for individual talent to flourish.
If you are looking for a chance to make a difference, they are hiring for an experienced Account Manager to deliver their portfolio of services to clients, providing insightful and creatively led expertise across marketing communications, PR and social media campaigns, connecting customers with brands and engaging and building advocacy at all times. You will have experience of working in an agency environment, able to balance the achievement of client outcomes with commercial matters. You will welcome collaboration with other team members as well as working across a broad range of client accounts. Interpersonally, you will have the self-awareness to engage and influence effectively at all levels of seniority.
The Marketing Communications Account Manager / PR Account Managers responsibilities include:
- Developing and implementing creative account strategies and campaign plans in response to client briefs with evidence of ‘thinking outside the box’
- Identifying opportunities to offer advice and services based on insightful analysis of client issues
- Proactively delivering high quality coverage for PR campaigns and results for social media campaigns
- Supporting other client teams as appropriate, for example client coverage, research work, social media actions, website updates, proofing and so on
- Identifying new opportunities within the client base
- Building and nurturing effective working relationships with journalists, industry influencers and organisations as well as developing new contacts where appropriate
- Contributing to the production of new business proposals/pitches and participate in presentations as necessary
- Supporting growth of the Highland Marketing brand and portfolio of services and the development of the Highland Marketing website
The ideal Account Manager profile:
- Experience of B2B in an agency environment
- A strong interest in working within the health & care, public and technology sectors
- Strong interpersonal skills and can build reciprocal relationships
- Presents as confident, self-aware and engaging
- Can think strategically and tactically
- Highly organised, flexible and responsive and can manage multiple projects
- Can effectively manage budgets and resources for client accounts
- Strong knowledge of both traditional and digital media landscapes
- Excellent written communication skills across a variety of materials, for example, website copy, client quotes, blogs, news releases, opinion articles, case studies, proposals
The Account Managers personal qualities:
- You will stay up to date with emerging PR / marketing / social media techniques.
- You will contribute effectively to Highland Marketing’s team culture, collaborating and supporting as required, developing others’ skills; you are a team player
- You are commercially astute and interested in contributing to the wider Highland Marketing business
- You are self-motivated, with the drive and determination to achieve and succeed; you will go ‘above and beyond’ and are not afraid to use your initiative
- You are resilient and able to quickly overcome obstacles and challenges
This is a rare chance to be part of a highly respected PR and marketing communications agency. In return, you can expect scope to shape the role to suit your talents, an inclusive and supportive working environment, where your opinion matters, and the chance to make a difference.
- Remote / hybrid working; attractive salary
- Health and wellbeing portal, health insurance, gym membership, incremental holidays, regular team socials, ESV day and participation in charity events
- Inclusive culture, where you will have a voice and a chance to make a difference
At Guru we work on hundreds of exclusive hiring campaigns for businesses ranging from aspirational entrepreneurs to household named global world beaters. All our amazing clients share one common goal, to identify and attract the best talent to their vacancies, i.e. you.